What do a professional football player and a financial planner have in common? As it turns out, the answer is a strong sense of goal orientation, exceptional perseverance, and the ability to reverse-engineer the process of reaching the finish line.
Jedidiah Collins’ eclectic story began with a record-breaking stint in college football at Washington State, followed by 8 years in the NFL, much of which was spent with the Saints. The wealth of knowledge and strategy he gained there unexpectedly carried over to a financial planning career with industry giant Brighton Jones. Ever evolving, Jedidiah got involved with speaking and went on to start the Rookie to Veteran podcast, where he dedicates himself to teaching others the ins and outs of financial fitness.
On this episode of the Rigging the Game podcast, Dan and Jedidiah share insights on topics ranging from the lessons we can take from Drew Brees’ practice rituals, how journaling connects you to both your loved ones and yourself, and the critical importance of beginning with the end in mind.
What You’ll Learn
- How incremental gains add up to a lofty goal
- Why following the process will bring the results to you
- What Oreos have to do with your spending habits
- And much more!
“I can steal inches daily. And that’s how I’m truly going to add up and get to the ultimate objective, is by identifying, where are those marginal gains I can go and get?”
- Jedidiah Collins
Connect with Jedidiah Collins:
How to get involved
- Visit Dan Nicholson’s website - Nth Degree CPA’s and the Rigging The Game to learn how he helps small business owners cultivate good accounting and tax practices to achieve their financial goals. To rig the game to win and to set the outcomes that you want in life and business.
- Get the news that gets you closer to what you want with Certainty News.
Enjoyed the Podcast? Be sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave a review. We love to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!